• inquiry about studying abroad
  • 広告に関するお問い合わせ
  • wwsチャンネルのバナー

Working Holiday Visa to Working Visa


Working Holiday Visas

Japan has mutual working holiday visa agreements with Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, The Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Norway and the United Kingdom. There is a similar but separate arrangement for Taiwan administered by the Interchange Association Japan (IAJ; 交通協会). Young people normally between the ages of 18-25 (sometimes 30 with the agreement of the immigration office) may work part-time during a one-year stay in Japan.



Working Visa Requirements

Visas which allow paid work generally require a Japanese company, school, university or individual to act as sponsor.

The Procedures of changing visas at “Immigration Services Agency of Japan” in Tokyo Sinakawa.





The necessary documents:

  • Application form 1copy
  • Photo (4cm×3cm) 1copy
  • The supporting documents to be submitted on the occasion of application.
  • Passport and residence card (or alien registration certificate deemed equivalent to a residence card)
  • A document that proves the status (if a legal representative or agent submits the application form on behalf of the applicant)
  • In principle, documents and materials which have been submitted will Not be returned to you. If you have submitted any original copies of documents and materials, which would be difficult for you to re-obtain, and would like to have them returned to you, please notify us when you file your application.


Fee: 4,000 yen for changing the status of residence (Payment must be made with revenue stamps)


For more information



| 【QtoJAPON52】Tokyo Night/Ramen near you »